Summer Associate Program
Day Pitney's Summer Associate Program provides law students the opportunity to gain practical, hands-on experience to get a sense of what it is like to be an associate at Day Pitney. The size of our summer program allows us to provide a customized experience and as much insight as possible into our practices, people, culture and values. Some of the highlights of our summer program include:
- a flexible work assignment process tailored to individual practice interests;
- interesting and challenging work assignments that reflect the variety of real client work of the firm;
- hands-on experience and exposure to our sophisticated areas of practice;
- substantive summer training programs in addition to shadowing and observational opportunities and practice meetings;
- designated partner and associate mentors, work assignment coordinators, and program chairs;
- the opportunity to work on pro bono projects and participate in diversity, equity and inclusion programs and events;
- formal and informal mentoring and feedback throughout the summer program; and
- social activities to get to know our people, culture and values.
Many of Day Pitney's successful lawyers began their careers at our firm. Alumni of our Summer Associate Program include an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, a law clerk for another Supreme Court justice and a former solicitor general of the United States.
How to Apply
We invite you to find out why so many of our attorneys who started out as summer associates at the firm are still here, many of whom are now partners. If you want to join a collaborative, energetic and nurturing environment where you will take on complex challenges and have a direct impact on the successes of businesses and the lives of people, Day Pitney is the place for you. Please sign up for a virtual on-campus interview through your law school's career placement office.
As part of your application, you will be required to upload a cover letter, a resume, an unofficial copy of your law school transcript and a two-to-three-page writing sample from your academic or work experience of which you are the sole author (examples include a memo, brief or short research paper).
2L Diversity Fellowship
As part of our commitment to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession, Day Pitney has launched the Day Pitney 2L Diversity Fellowship Program to promote the recruitment, development and retention of attorneys from historically underrepresented backgrounds. To learn more about our Diversity Fellowship Program and how to apply, click here.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact:
Day Pitney Recruiting Team