About Day Pitney
Our mission is to work collaboratively and effectively with our clients to resolve complex legal challenges. We add value by combining innovation with knowledge and experience.Since 1902, Day Pitney has been helping clients in a wide range of industries thrive and prosper. We build long-lasting partnerships by listening to our clients and understanding their objectives.
We have a thorough, in-depth understanding of the legal issues that confront our clients because we speak their language and know their business.
Day Pitney, an East Coast-based law firm with national and international reach, has close to 300 attorneys in 13 offices in Boston, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Providence and Washington, DC. Day Pitney provides unlimited access to partners and has cultivated a deep bench of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys in all practice areas. Our lawyers work seamlessly across disciplines to guide our clients through the evolving legal landscape.
Day Pitney’s Corporate, Litigation and Private Client attorneys represent a variety of clients from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. The breadth and scope of our services to individuals and families are among the most comprehensive in the country.
The firm’s experience is extensive, including work in eight core industries:
At Day Pitney client-focused thinking means continually striving for new ways to exceed our clients' expectations. Our Client Service Steering Committee is responsible for identifying ways to improve client services firm-wide and implementing the changes necessary to add real value for our clients. Day Pitney firmly believes that "the client knows best" and, to that end, we always welcome their views on how to improve the quality and effectiveness of the firm's services. The Committee also advises firm personnel on how to engage in client-focused thinking and utilize "client service" best practices to strengthen relationships and collaboration with their colleagues within the firm. Employees who demonstrate excellent service or present good ideas for achieving service goals receive awards in recognition of their contributions. Of course, the efficiencies that we realize from our internal service programs translate into better value for our clients, as well, and better value for our clients drives our continued success. Client service done right is a virtuous circle, and it's at the heart of everything we do.
In pledging to provide outstanding client service, we strive to:
- Know our clients' business. Through client meetings and other available resources, we will learn about you and your business. We take the time to gain insight into the issues affecting your industry, which will help us provide you with better legal counsel.
- Be highly responsive. We promptly attend to your concerns and appropriately staff your matters.
- Add value. By thinking "out of the box," we offer practical solutions in a cost-effective manner.
- Communicate often. We keep you informed of important developments that may impact your business and provide regular reports on the status of projects. Our goal is to prevent surprises and give you the confidence of knowing that you have the information you need when you need it.
We ask our clients to:
- Give us feedback. Please tell us how we are doing. It's the best way for us to continue to meet and exceed your expectations.