Lawyers at Day Pitney assist foreign, multinational and domestic clients in a broad range of cross-border commercial endeavors, as well as finance and investment transactions, locally, across the United States, and around the world. We routinely advise clients with respect to areas of the law specific to the cross-border activity, including extraterritorial aspects of U.S. income taxation and intellectual property rights. A core service we provide is assisting in structuring inbound and outbound business and financial relationships.
Members of the International Transactions practice group have developed relationships with lawyers around the world who, in addition to providing meaningful local counsel assistance on the applicable foreign law, can also provide access to other professionals in the jurisdiction and advice on matters of local custom and usage. Day Pitney is a founding and very active member of Lex Mundi, among the most respected international law firm networks. Lex Mundi is comprised of over 160 of the larger firms in over 100 jurisdictions. Membership in the network, in addition to providing access to accomplished lawyers and first rate legal services throughout the world, gives us access to local market knowledge and industry experience, strong connections to the area's legal, political and business communities, sound business and English language service capability, cross-border coordination of multi-jurisdictional matters and seamless client service. In appropriate circumstances, member firms have provided us and our clients access to their facilities around the world. Lawyers in the firm also routinely work on Lex Mundi substantive law and business and practice development committees and attend regional and global conferences and annual meetings, which also allows us to develop relationships with many of the member firms.
Our clients have recently engaged us to provide the following services:
- Arrange licensing or other qualifications to do business in the United States and foreign countries.
- Organize and structure joint ventures and other business relationships in the United States and abroad.
- Advise on international and U.S. tax consequences of international transactions.
- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements, distributorship and sales representation agreements.
- Represent in connection with International aircraft and vessel financing transactions.
- Advise on protection of intangible and intellectual property rights.
- Represent investments in hybrid and specialized foreign and domestic securities.
- Advise on investments in London insurance syndicates.
- Advise on cross-border joint ventures and global strategic alliances.
- Counsel on transactions in secured and unsecured distressed debt.
- Represent in asset purchase and sale transactions within and outside the United States.
- Advise on U.S. and foreign branch operations.
- Offer counsel on U.S. and foreign purchasing transactions.
- Advise Cross-border equipment leasing transactions.
- Represent on investments in foreign and domestic real estate.
- Advise on domestic and foreign project finance transactions.
- Provide counsel on transactions involving emerging markets including former Soviet Bloc countries.
- Advise on cross-border transfers of employees.
- Advise on cross-border aspects of e-commerce and transfers of intangibles.
We have been involved in transactions on every continent in the world and include among our professionals individuals fluent in French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Portuguese, Hindi and Italian. Our dedicated professionals leverage off of our technological infrastructure to fully support the requirements of today's international transactions for real-time response via electronic communication.