Day Pitney attorneys across offices and practices provide our clients advice and assistance in navigating the myriad regulations, statutes and legal issues confronting manufacturing and transportation businesses. Our lawyers represent manufacturers ranging from Fortune 100 to middle market companies in a variety of industries including packaging, software, medical devices, construction materials, food, pharmaceuticals, retail goods, chemical engineering, telecom products, technology, filtration, fuel systems, automotive, and aerospace.
We also have extensive experience advising transportation companies regarding acquisitions; labor matters, including collective bargaining, rights and interest arbitration, and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and other administrative proceedings; the financing and leasing of transportation assets, including aircraft engines, maritime vessels, shipping containers and other equipment; compliance risk assessments, including compliance with United States and International modal transportation regulations; the issuance of letters of credit securing industrial development bonds and mortgage loan financings; and representing government entities on bond offerings to support transportation infrastructure.
Our work for manufacturing and transportation clients has included advice, counseling and representation involving:
- patent protection, litigation and infringement;
- product Liability and other personal injury suits;
- internal investigations;
- international trade agreements and disputes;
- contract, unfair trade practices, antitrust and other commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration;
- national and international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions;
- real estate transactions;
- environmental compliance;
- tax, including tax exemptions, audits and economic development abatements;
- reorganization and bankruptcy;
- employment, labor and employee benefits matters;
- financing transactions;
- regulatory matters.