The Real Impact of Trade and Investment Protectionist Policies on Multinational Companies
October 5, 2018
On October 5, Ben Haglund will moderate a panel discussion entitled "The Real Impact of Trade and Investment Protectionist Policies on Multinational Companies" at the Lex Mundi Europe/Africa/Middle East Regional Conference in Rome, Italy. Haglund has served on the Lex Mundi Board of Directors since 2015 and currently serves as Chair-Elect.
The panelists will include:
- Ambassador Gabriele Checcia, Former Italian Ambassador to NATO and the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development)
- Gianpaolo Accossato, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Magneti Mareli, S.p.A.
- Martin Cooke, General Counsel and Group Company Secretary, The Edrington Group Limited
- Paul Kaleta, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, First Solar
- Nicola Verdicchio, Chief Legal Officer, Pirelli & Co., S.p.A.
The panel begins with an introduction by Ambassador Checcia on the geopolitical scenario and international trade policies. Following, the panel will discuss how protectionism measures are impacting their businesses and how their companies are adjusting to ensure continued profitability and avoid sanctions.