Peter Wilson Speaks at NALP Diversity Summit
June 11, 2010
Diversity and Legal Recruiting Director Peter Wilson Jr. will be speaking and moderating a panel entitled "Emerging Models for Recruitment, Retention, and Development" on June 11 in Chicago.
The fifth annual Diversity Summit will bring together NALP and ALFDP members, law firm partners, in-house lawyers, law school deans, industry consultants, and other legal career professionals who have an interest in continuing to expand the diversity of the practice of law.
The chief purpose of this exciting conference is to provide a forum for a robust exchange of information about the current challenges and innovations surrounding the issue of diversity in the legal employment arena.
The 2010 Diversity Summit will:
- Focus on the diversity pipeline and highlight programs that have successful track records.
- Identify proven ways to increase the recruitment, promotion, and retention of diverse lawyers.
- Examine how the movement to competency-based systems for compensation and advancement is likely to affect law firms' diversity initiatives.
- Provide diversity professionals and others involved in law school and law firm diversity initiatives an opportunity to connect with one another and share best practices.
- Provide continuing legal education credits.
Click here for more information about the summit.