- Federal and State Updates: Hear about the latest developments including court decisions, new legislation, and our recent experiences and lessons learned.
- Health Care Reform: Understand what the complicated new legislation means to employers now and in the future.
- Social Networking: While Facebook can offer significant benefits to employers, employees' use can cause significant legal concerns and liability. Learn about the potential pitfalls and how to protect against them.
- The Current Administration's Pro-Union Initiatives: Learn about current and threatened changes in legislation and the National Labor Relations Board's enforcement activities that will aid unions in organizing employees.
- Enforcement Activity Updates: Federal and state agencies, including the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Department of Homeland Security, have been given additional resources and direction to scrutinize employers' practices. Understand how to effectively comply with applicable requirements and minimize costly claims, such as those relating to the use of independent contractors, ever-changing anti-discrimination laws, and employees' authorization to work in the United States.
NY and NJ attorneys can earn three CLE credits by attending this seminar.
The seminar will start promptly at 9:00 am and conclude at 12:30 pm. We invite you to spend time with our attorneys for a continental breakfast starting at 8:30 am and for lunch following the completion of the program.