This position is part of a 5-person engineering team responsible for a Windows-based computing environment's daily operation and administration. This position is also responsible for capacity planning and management and the planning and engineering of technology solutions to meet new or emerging business needs.
Must have a proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and delivering quality results within allotted timeframes. Must be an effective team player, have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and work independently with minimal supervision.
In addition, the following skills are required.
- Must be a creative problem solver with a "can-do" attitude who can consider alternative solutions when time or other resources are constrained.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing technical team leadership for enterprise-level projects
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory administration and operations. Excellent understanding of mail flow. Must have experience supporting a large exchange server environment, 1000+ mailboxes.
- Advanced Knowledge of WSUS server and experience managing and deploying windows updates.
- Experience building and maintaining a virtual server environment using Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer.
- Must feel 100% comfortable building VMs, managing Virtual Servers, adding storage and monitoring & supporting the virtual environment.
- Experience building and supporting Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop farms highly preferred.
- Experience building and supporting Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms such as Maas360.
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Schemes, and IP Routing is REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of Veritas Backup Exec and archiving solutions such as Enterprise Vault is preferred but not required.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and eager to learn new products, technologies, and methodologies to support the firm's current and anticipated technology needs.
- five or more years of senior-level IT experience and a BS degree in a technical discipline are required. MS degree is a strong plus.
- Define and architect disaster recovery, contingency planning, colocation, managed services, and cloud computing environments. This entails collecting requirements and developing a plan to address the firm's current and future needs.
- Make recommendations to improve security, stability, and systems performance when identified problems
- Participate in facility relocations as they pertain to IT infrastructure requirements.
- Provide operational support, engineering, architecture, and policy definition (standardization, configuration, and security consideration) of core network equipment and Active Directory.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and report network & server conditions, including WAN/LAN connectivity, performance, change management, outages, security issues, and related tasks.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support for upgrades, scheduled downtimes, and preventative maintenance.
- Provide rotational after-hours level 3 on-call support.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Assist our internal Information Security function related to AD Security / Cleanup, SOC alert investigations, etc.
- Knowledge of Varonis Data Classification software is preferable but not required.
- ISO 27001 Certification process knowledge is also preferable but not required.