In today's world, planning for your future and the future of your family and loved ones requires an understanding of your full range of legal rights, obligations and possibilities. For the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community, the law currently fosters uncertainty but also creates unexpected opportunities. Trying to plan for the future in our rapidly evolving legal landscape is a real challenge, but when properly executed, those plans can offer genuine security and freedom from fear of future problems.
The choices LGBT individuals and same-sex couples make can have a profound effect upon their quality of life. Our attorneys will work with you to develop and review the information and advice you need to make the right decisions for you, your family and your loved ones, including:
- Estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and income tax planning
- Wills and revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Life insurance and special needs trusts
- Charitable gift planning and private foundations
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Employee benefits
- Real estate transactions
- Business succession planning
- Proper asset titling and title remediation
- Co-parent adoptions
- Medical and end-of-life decision-making
- Powers of attorney
The members of our LGBT Planning practice group have extensive experience in these areas and, when needed, can draw upon the complete resources of our firm. They are uniquely positioned to counsel you in making and implementing the best planning decisions for you, your family and your loved ones.