International Trusts and Estates
Day Pitney's international trust and estate planning attorneys are members of the Individual Clients department who focus on planning for U.S. citizens, non-U.S. citizens and multinational families with property and rights in more than one country. Our lawyers strive to combine the highest level of tax planning with careful attention to non-tax issues that promote family harmony and long-term successful stewardship of family assets.
To accomplish these objectives, we assist in:
- Structuring the ownership of worldwide assets of multinational families using trusts, corporations, stiftungs and other entities based offshore as well as in U.S. jurisdictions
- Asset protection and pre-immigration planning for persons preparing to move to the United States
- Preparing qualified domestic trusts for non-U.S. citizen spouses
- Advising families on long-term governance and planning
- Consulting regarding the creation and operation of family offices
- Facilitating family meetings
Our attorneys are proficient in Spanish, French, Hindi, Russian and Ukrainian. In addition, we are able to refer clients to lawyers throughout the world in such areas as real estate, corporate, immigration law and litigation.