"They're terrific - they're very reliable and extremely responsive." "They have a deep understanding of our business." "I have found their work to be incredible."
Lawyers at Day Pitney assist foreign, multinational and domestic clients in a broad range of cross-border commercial endeavors, as well as finance and investment transactions, locally, across the United States, and around the world. We routinely advise clients with respect to areas of the law specific to the cross-border activity, including extraterritorial aspects of U.S. income taxation and intellectual property rights. A core service we provide is assisting in structuring inbound and outbound business and financial relationships.
Members of the International Transactions practice group have developed relationships with lawyers throughout the world who, in addition to providing meaningful local counsel assistance on the applicable foreign law, can also provide access to other professionals in the jurisdiction and advice on matters of local custom and usage.
Our clients have recently engaged us to provide the following services:
- Arrange licensing or other qualifications to do business in the United States and foreign countries
- Organize and structure joint ventures and other business relationships in the United States and abroad
- Advice regarding international and U.S. tax consequences of international transactions
- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements, distributorship and sales representation agreements
- International aircraft and vessel financing transactions
- Protection of intangible and intellectual property rights
- Investments in hybrid and specialized foreign and domestic securities
- Investments in London insurance syndicates
- Cross-border joint ventures and global strategic alliances
- Transactions in secured and unsecured distressed debt
- Asset purchase and sale transactions within and outside the United States
- U.S. and foreign branch operations
- U.S. and foreign purchasing transactions
- Cross-border equipment leasing transactions
- Investments in foreign and domestic real estate
- Domestic and foreign project finance transactions
- Transactions involving emerging markets including former Soviet Bloc countries
- Cross-border transfers of employees
- Cross-border aspects of e-commerce and transfers of intangibles
We have been involved in transactions on every continent in the world and include among our professionals individuals fluent in French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Portuguese, Hindi and Italian. Our dedicated professionals leverage off of our technological infrastructure to fully support the requirements of today's international transactions for real-time response via electronic communication.