Day Pitney relies on a strong professional and support staff to provide the foundation that enables our attorneys to succeed. We employ professionals in the following areas:
- Technology/Information Services
- Human Resources & Recruiting
We also employ legal professionals the following areas and positions:
- Litigation Technology
- Legal Administrative Assistant
In the spirit of the firm's Client Service Initiative, we strive to attract individuals with a high customer aptitude, strong desire to succeed, and the ability to be proactive and add value to their day to day work relationships.
IT Support Services Analyst (Hartford, CT)Position Summary
The IT Support Services Analyst is responsible for supporting all desktop applications and performing system administrator functions for the firm. This position serves as the first point of contact for all client support needs. This person will troubleshoot problems remotely, by telephone, via e-mail, or in person in a timely and accurate manner.Job Responsibilities
- Resolve software-related issues for all firm-deployed applications including, but not limited to, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), FileSite / WorkSite, Innova, Litera Change Pro, Litera Metadact, DTE Time Entry, Adobe, AccuRoute, Best Authority, InterAction, Easy Link Fax, etc.
- Document management support not limited to document and version recovery as well as deletions.
- Various forms of document and multimedia conversion not limited to zip files, unknown extensions, unsupported applications etc.
- Support Citrix environment by troubleshooting end user connectivity issues, resetting sessions, trouble shooting printing problems, temporary tokens, releasing documents, etc.
- Active Directory user account administration – Onboard/Off boarding.
- Assist with testing of new and / or updated technology and reporting findings to appropriate IT team in order to ensure stability prior to firm-wide release.
- Input tickets for all issues and requests received by phone, via email or in-person.
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate IT team.
- Follow up with clients to ensure a satisfactory resolution to reported problems and requests.
- Routinely check voice mails and emails, returning calls and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Communication with clients regarding system outages and resolutions.
- Compile and maintain knowledgebase solutions in help desk tracking software.
- Assist with development and updates of technical and support documentation.
- Conduct information system / application training sessions in both one-on-one and classroom environments, when needed.
- Advise and assist with specialized projects.
- Contact third party vendors as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client workstations / laptops as well as related hardware and software in order to deliver optimum performance.
- Removal of harmful desktop viruses, spyware, ad software etc.
- Printer management not limited to resetting and clearing print jobs and installation.
- Perform installation and configuration for handheld mobile devices (Blackberry and Android) and
- conduct training, as needed.
- Moves, adds and changes as well as troubleshooting of issues related to Avaya desk phones.
- Move and set-up of all IT equipment for scheduled office and employee moves.
- Maintain updated hardware inventory of PC’s, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Heavy inbound / outbound call center
- Professional development opportunities
- Room for advancement for motivated individuals with proven track record
- 3 to 5 years job-related experience in IT Support Services, excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Previous experience in legal environment required.
- Excellent problem-solving & Troubleshooting skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong dedication to maintaining professional relationships with users and outside vendors.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a proficient level is required.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels individually and as part of a team, and to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate, to make sound decisions and take the initiative to anticipate user needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop computer skills as required to meet user demand.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel periodically to other offices as needed.
- Working knowledge of Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop) a plus
- MOUS Certification preferred
- Some college preferred
Systems Engineer (Parsippany, NJ)Job Description
This position is part of a 3-person engineering team and is responsible for the daily operation and administration of a Windows 2003 and 2008 Server computing environment. This position is also responsible for capacity planning and management, and the planning and engineering of technology solutions to new or emerging business needs.
Must have a proven track record of success at managing multiple priorities and delivering quality results within allotted timeframes. Must be an effective team player, have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.Job Responsibilities
- Define and implement disaster recovery, contingency planning, colocation, managed services and cloud computing environments. This entails collecting requirements and developing a plan to address the firm's current and future needs.
- Participate in facility relocations as they pertain to IT infrastructure requirements.
- Provide operational support, engineering, architecture, and policy definition (standardization, configuration, and security consideration) of core network equipment and Active Directory.
- Configure, install and maintain Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 environment.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and report network & server conditions, change management, outages, security issues and related tasks.
- Assist IT team in supporting 650+ users across multiple office locations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Monitor the performance of firm wide computer systems and networks.
- Provide after hours and weekend support for upgrades, scheduled downtimes and preventative maintenance.
- Participate in rotating after hours on-call support to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Maintain Tape backup system and rotate tapes through off-site vendor.
- Participate in cross-training of helpdesk and other groups as needed.
- 10 or more years IT experience.
- BS degree in a technical discipline required. MS degree a strong plus.
- Required knowledge of Citrix XenServer, XenApp or XenDesktop environments.
- Required hands on experience with SAN technology like EMC Clariion or other leading manufacturer.
- Knowledge of IP addressing, DHCP, DNS etc.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration and operations.
- Must be a creative problem solver with a "can do" attitude who is able to consider alternative solutions when time or other resources are constrained.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing technical team leadership for enterprise-level projects.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Must be versatile, flexible and eager to learn new products, technologies and methodologies to support the firm's current and anticipated technology needs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center for operations management a strong plus.
Business Development and Marketing Manager (All Offices)
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a full-time experienced business development professional to serve as a Business Development and Marketing Manager.
This position requires tactical support of several of the Firm's practice groups, development of RFP and pitch materials, and collaboration with the Business Development team members and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the groups’ business development plans and their alignment with firm-wide priorities.Job Responsibilities:
- Provide business development support to the lawyers in assigned practice groups and, in the process, facilitate cross marketing, referral tracking and other business development initiatives.
- Help lawyers execute best-practice based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business.
- Develop marketing and pitch materials, including capabilities statements, brochures and web content. Compile transaction and case descriptions for use in proposals.
- Develop targeted pitches and presentations; participate in strategizing and preparing proposals and responses to RFPs. Draft original text for client proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across practice groups, craft specific answers to uncommon RFP questions, draft executive summaries and introductions. Edit standard content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic and directly responsive manner.
- Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans.
- Responsible for continued evaluation of existing marketing and business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Utilize the firm's research processes, resources, and tools to provide actionable business intelligence to the practice areas and departments. This may include, but is not limited to prospect research, industry or geographic research and, competitive analysis at the practice area level.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills.
- Proven project management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients and to diplomatically seek more clarity or information from those in authority, if needed.
- Proven ability to concentrate on the details of executing projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and adaptability to changing work flow and work assignments.
- Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- BA required. Major in English, marketing, communications, journalism, technical writing or a similar discipline a plus.
- A minimum of five years of experience in business development or marketing in a professional services sector, with prior law firm experience highly desired.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Marketing and Business Development Specialist (All Offices)Position Summary:
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a full-time Marketing and Business Development Specialist to provide broad support for all the firm’s marketing and business development activities, including pitches and proposals, collateral development, marketing technology and event planning.
The position requires exceptionally strong communication, writing and editing skills and attention to detail. The ability to coordinate multiple projects, with varying and changing priorities, and to meet tight deadlines is imperative. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively and possess a strong service orientation.Responsibilities:
- Drafting, proofreading and editing marketing and business development copy, including practice area descriptions, matters lists, invitations and attorney biographies
- General marketing and business development support as necessary, including creating PowerPoint presentations and Excel-driven charts/graphs
- Assembling pitch materials and assisting in the development, drafting and tracking of RFPs/proposals
- Confirming that proposals meet submission requirements and ensuring proper, timely delivery
- Maintaining the proposal language and matter library
- Taking the lead on research projects
- Coordinating the preparation and distribution of external communications, including client alerts, newsletters and invitations
- Drafting and reviewing internal communications and posting them on the firm's internal website
- Contributing and assisting in the development of firm wide marketing database transactions and matters databases and electronic library of pitch components
- Assisting with event planning activities
- Coordinating special projects as assigned and providing basic research and data collection for those projects
- Helping to coordinate internal attorney training programs, including assisting with the creation and tracking of training files and related matters
- Assisting with the collection and maintenance of information for client team action plans and other deliverables
- Providing occasional administrative support to the marketing team’s managers
- Helping monitor the firm's presence on social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+)
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance of the firm's CRM system; managing mailing lists for marketing campaigns and running reports as needed
- Assisting with the preparation, testing and distribution of external email marketing campaigns utilizing the firm's electronic mailing software platform
- B.A./B.S. required. Major in journalism, English, public relations or similar preferred
- Professional work experience
- Professional services/law firm experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality
- Organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and manage multi-stage projects
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Excel; knowledge of databases, CRM systems and e-mail marketing software a plus