Day Pitney relies on a strong professional and support staff to provide the foundation that enables our attorneys to succeed. We employ professionals in the following areas:
- Technology/Information Services
- Human Resources & Recruiting
We also employ legal professionals the following areas and positions:
- Litigation Technology
- Legal Administrative Assistant
In the spirit of the firm's Client Service Initiative, we strive to attract individuals with a high customer aptitude, strong desire to succeed, and the ability to be proactive and add value to their day to day work relationships.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Parsippany, NJ, Harford, CT, Stamford, CT or New York, NY)Position Description:
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a full-time experienced business development professional to serve as a Manager of Business Intelligence firm wide. Will be responsible for developing and executing business development and marketing strategies for the Litigation department. The occupant of this position reports to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer.
The position can be based in New York, New Jersey, Hartford or Stamford. The Manager of Business Intelligence will have firm wide duties and be expected to travel frequently to other Day Pitney offices
- Support partners in business development market intelligence analysis
- Lead the analysis and presentation of market, industry and geography research combining internal data with external sources on Firm business development opportunities
- Analyze trends in growth metrics, profitability measures and business development effectiveness and return on investment; utilize to suggest ways to develop and execute actionable business development strategic plans and campaigns
- Identify external resources to assist practices in understanding the competitive environment
- Prepare industry/company target lists, reports and profiles including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence utilizing internal and external data sources
- Follow and track trends in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources
- Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources
- Conduct specialized research to prepare targeted prospect lists and profiles on companies, individuals and industries and synthesize the findings and implications in support of the Firm's business development initiatives
- Determine and efficiently navigate the most relevant resources from a variety of free and fee-based sources to gather the requested information (e.g. Factiva, BoardEx, Lexis/Nexis, Capital IQ, ThomsonOne, Bloomberg, industry periodicals, etc.)
- 5+ years of marketing intelligence analysis experience within a law firm or professional services
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experienced with financial reporting terminology and financial system table structure
- Strong experience writing SQL queries to pull information from multiple data sources; must be able to import data from SQL scripts into Excel and manipulate the data to provide the information required, strong experience writing reports using SSRS
- Strong project management skills with experience managing multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of and exposure to business financials, i.e. SEC filings
- Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology
- Strong conceptual knowledge of KM and BI systems and processes
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, possessing strong planning/analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in time-sensitive situations and under extreme pressure
Marketing Technology Manager (Parsippany, NJ, Hartford, CT, Stamford, CT or Boston, MA)Job Summary:
The Marketing Technology Manager partners with Marketing, Information Systems (IS), Research Services, Finance and other relevant departments to develop, implement and maintain technology platforms that efficiently and effectively achieve marketing goals. The Marketing Technology Manager keeps abreast of legal marketing and digital marketing trends and serves as the point person for all digital marketing projects. He/she oversees all digital operations and effectively optimizes the policies, procedures, and protocols for marketing technology projects. The Marketing Technology Manager has a natural curiosity to understand how things work, drives for results and efficiencies, and uncovers the hidden opportunities that digital technology brings to the marketing and business development function of the Firm.
The Marketing Technology Manager interacts with partners, senior administrative staff, associates, clients and vendors.Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the standards, strategies and operational protocols for the maintenance of the CRM system and its data.
- Develop and implement a plan to re-launch the upgraded version of Interaction in an efficient and effective manner that demonstrates the value that CRM systems can provide (TBD).
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to understand the Firm’s business development, marketing and communications goals. Develop objectives and implement an action plan to ensure that the firm’s CRM system fully supports those goals (TBD).
- Using the data collected by the CRM system, analyze and provide reports that provide valuable insight into the effectiveness of business development and marketing initiatives (TBD).
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Firm’s e-mail marketing activities including the testing and distribution process of all electronic mailings, reporting, and online event registration.
- Identify opportunities to leverage the e-mail marketing system to further automate internal processes and streamline e-mail operations.
- Ensure that all pertinent members of the Marketing team can fully utilize the e-mail marketing system for the dissemination of marketing materials, invitations and other mailings.
- Assist in the development of the appropriate HTML templates, as needed.
- Ensure that the system’s reporting and feedback functions are fully utilized to inform and improve the Firm’s electronic marketing programs, systems and procedures.
- Update and maintain policy and procedural documents in accordance to current operations; optimizing processes as opportunities and deficiencies arise.
- Oversee the day-to-day content management and operations of daypitney.com including search engine optimization and web analytics.
- Act as a technology leader and project manager in development and implementation of new web platforms including public website and blogs.
- Advise Marketing as well as other relevant areas of the firm on emerging web-based and mobile technologies, their potential use and benefits. Includes competitive research to determine how peer firms may be using these technologies.
- Analyze website statistics and offer meaningful analysis for future changes/improvements.
- Marketing liaison with the Social Networking Committee.
- Explore emerging social networking tools to enhance the Firm’s social networking presence in adherence with the Firm’s Social Networking Policy.
- Track, report, and analyze KPIs for marketing and business development activities.
- Research digital initiatives of other law firms and provide recommendations for the firm.
- Provide input regarding budgeting and staffing for development and implementation of digital initiatives and programs; manage expenditures of same.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 7+ years marketing experience
- Significant experience developing digital-marketing
- Significant experience executing digital-marketing from inception to completion
- Demonstrated ability to measure (metric analysis of web activities), evaluate against strategic objectives and optimize based on performance
- Significant experience researching and identifying online opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in designing and improving business processes, and influencing peers and managers to embrace them
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Familiarity with web technologies, analytics, and CRM tools
- Advanced degree
- Legal industry experience
- Supervisory experience
- InterAction experience
Media Relations Manager (Parsippany, NJ, Hartford, CT or Stamford, CT)Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and serves as the firm’s primary media contact.
- Develops and maintains a directory of lawyers identified as media spokespersons for the firm, its practices and offices.
- Manages the firm’s public relations agency.
- Evaluates and recommends PR-related vendors and products, including software.
- Works with Business Development Managers and the firm’s PR agency to develop and implement regional and practice-focused PR plans.
- Provides media coaching and training to attorneys and firm management.
- Oversees the preparation, approval and distribution of firm press releases as well as directory and survey submissions.
- Assists attorneys with editing and placing bylined articles in key legal, trade and business publications.
- Assist with internal communications as needed.
- BS/BA degree.
- 10 years of professional experience, with 5+ years in public relations.
- Experience in a fast-moving and demanding environment. Professional services experience preferred; law firm experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Proactive, well-organized and pays close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and key media/industry research tools.
IT Support Services Analyst (Boston, MA or Parsippany, NJ)Position Summary
The IT Support Services Analyst is responsible for supporting all desktop applications and performing system administrator functions for the firm. This position serves as the first point of contact for all client support needs. This person will troubleshoot problems remotely, by telephone, via e-mail, or in person in a timely and accurate manner. Job Responsibilities
- Resolve software-related issues for all firm-deployed applications including, but not limited to, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), FileSite / WorkSite, Innova, Litera Change Pro, Litera Metadact, DTE Time Entry, Adobe, AccuRoute, Best Authority, InterAction, Easy Link Fax, etc.
- Document management support not limited to document and version recovery as well as deletions.
- Various forms of document and multimedia conversion not limited to zip files, unknown extensions, unsupported applications etc.
- Support Citrix environment by troubleshooting end user connectivity issues, resetting sessions, trouble shooting printing problems, temporary tokens, releasing documents, etc.
- Active Directory user account administration – Onboard/Off boarding.
- Assist with testing of new and / or updated technology and reporting findings to appropriate IT team in order to ensure stability prior to firm-wide release.
- Input tickets for all issues and requests received by phone, via email or in-person.
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate IT team.
- Follow up with clients to ensure a satisfactory resolution to reported problems and requests.
- Routinely check voice mails and emails, returning calls and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Communication with clients regarding system outages and resolutions.
- Compile and maintain knowledgebase solutions in help desk tracking software.
- Assist with development and updates of technical and support documentation.
- Conduct information system / application training sessions in both one-on-one and classroom environments, when needed.
- Advise and assist with specialized projects.
- Contact third party vendors as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client workstations / laptops as well as related hardware and software in order to deliver optimum performance.
- Removal of harmful desktop viruses, spyware, ad software etc.
- Printer management not limited to resetting and clearing print jobs and installation.
- Perform installation and configuration for handheld mobile devices (Blackberry and Android) and conduct training, as needed.
- Moves, adds and changes as well as troubleshooting of issues related to Avaya desk phones.
- Move and set-up of all IT equipment for scheduled office and employee moves.
- Maintain updated hardware inventory of PC’s, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Heavy inbound / outbound call center
- Professional development opportunities
- Room for advancement for motivated individuals with proven track record
- 3 to 5 years job-related experience in IT Support Services, excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Previous experience in legal environment required.
- Excellent problem-solving & Troubleshooting skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong dedication to maintaining professional relationships with users and outside vendors.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a proficient level is required.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels individually and as part of a team, and to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate, to make sound decisions and take the initiative to anticipate user needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop computer skills as required to meet user demand.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel periodically to other offices as needed.
- Working knowledge of Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop) a plus
- MOUS Certification preferred
- Some college preferred