Day Pitney relies on a strong professional and support staff to provide the foundation that enables our attorneys to succeed. We employ professionals in the following areas:
- Technology/Information Services
- Human Resources & Recruiting
We also employ legal professionals the following areas and positions:
- Litigation Technology
- Legal Administrative Assistant
In the spirit of the firm's Client Service Initiative, we strive to attract individuals with a high customer aptitude, strong desire to succeed, and the ability to be proactive and add value to their day to day work relationships.
Business Development & Technology Coordinator
The Business Development & Technology Coordinator reports to the Marketing Technology Manager and the Senior Business Development Manager. He/she stays abreast of legal marketing and digital marketing trends and supports the firm's goals by coordinating projects between multiple departments and attorneys. Job Responsibilities Business Development
- Conduct competitive intelligence and legal marketing research for attorneys and Director of Marketing & Business Development in preparation for client meetings, pitches, proposals, seminars and other business development initiatives.
- Track, report, and analyze KPIs for marketing and business development activities.
- Produce and maintain marketing collateral, news items and attorney biographies.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned and provide basic research and data collection for said projects.
- Provide logistical support for client events as needed.
- Work with the Sr. Business Development Manager and attorneys during practice meetings.
- Be proactive in following up on assignments and keeping attorneys and marketing personnel on track for deadlines.
- Help with coordination of internal attorney training programs and handle logistics of same. Assist with the creation and tracking of training files and related matters.
- Assist with collection and maintenance of information for client team action plans and other deliverables.
- Coordinate special BD projects from inception through delivery.
- Maintain the firm's website using knowledge of basic HTML and current search engine optimization techniques.
- Analyze website statistics and offer meaningful analysis for future changes/improvements.
- Act as technical support on firm webinars.
- Monitor the firm's presence on social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+).
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the firm's CRM system; manage mailing lists for marketing campaigns and run reports as needed.
- Assist with the preparation, testing and distribution of external email marketing campaigns utilizing the firm's electronic mailing software platform.
- Research digital initiatives of other law firms and provide recommendations for the firm.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years marketing experience
- Familiarity with web technologies, analytics, and social media tools
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of databases, CRM systems and e-mail marketing software
- Proficient in Excel with demonstrated experience and understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Experience in conducting market research
Trusts and Estates Legal Secretary (Greenwich, CT Office)
Supports attorneys and paralegals through the performance of complex secretarial and administrative duties requiring knowledge of legal terminology and the legal process including the knowledge of State, Probate Court and tax filings requirements. This position requires exceptional secretarial and administrative skills, excellent organizational, client service and communication skills (both written and oral), and the ability to multi-task while also adapting to changes in deadlines and changes in the nature of the assignment. Proficient in Microsoft Office XP Suite (Word XP, Excel XP and Outlook XP), Access, InterAction, MacPac, DTE, iManage, DeltaView, CMS (Quicklook), PDF scanning, HotDocs, Internet research; and ability to learn and use advanced software applications. Responsibilities
The following are duties and responsibilities representative of this position and are not intended to be inclusive:
Other Job Responsibilities
- Type, format, retrieve, revise, combine, edit, spell-check, proofread, print and save a variety of moderate to complex documents and/or correspondence from handwritten copy, hard (typewritten) copy or transcription machine (dictation) while consistently producing an exceptional work product with a high degree of accuracy
- Prepare, compose and assemble documentation into proper legal format from established departmental procedures and/or general instruction ensuring the proper inclusion of correct attachments, exhibits and enclosures;
- Assist with special projects and other duties as required
- Daily entry and/or release of timekeeper’s time entries
- Edit billing narratives and review final billing statements
- Manage administrative aspects of client/matter intake including conflicts check, prepare new client/matter memo(s), engagement letters and communicate client billing standards and requirements to appropriate individuals
- Establish/organize/maintain client, departmental and administrative files; properly and regularly file documents and/or correspondence, including the accessing of the Firm's file management database to retrieve and obtain file location and the retrieval of archived files
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls, while assist and provide information, as appropriate
- Schedule and coordinate conference calls, meetings, travel and appointments
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes
- Anticipate the needs of the timekeepers to enable them to focus on client/firm related matters
- Administratively support and re-direct client/firm needs during timekeepers absence
- Delegate work to firm resources to effectively complete work assignments
- Proactively manage administrative information required of timekeepers, including recording and maintaining timekeepers' calendar and contacts and entering activities and other relevant information in the Firm's contact management database system (Interaction)
- Conduct internet research
- Understands Firm structure and resources and familiarize new attorneys and staff with same
- Support other timekeepers and legal administrative assistants when required to accomplish Firm priorities
- Adheres and fully understands the Firm's policies and procedures
- Review Firm's portal notices and new matters daily
- Serves as a witness and/or Notary Public for the signing of original documents by clients and arranges for additional witnesses to be available when necessary
- Assists with probate accountings, typing and filing tax returns, filing of estate administrative documents with probate courts
- Minimum three years of legal secretarial experience
- Strong typing skills with accuracy (minimum 55 wpm)
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology, documents and procedures
- Advanced word processing abilities (use of styles, scanning, sophisticated mail merges, compare documents, pagination, inserts of headers and footers and create tables)
- Ability to produce accurate draft documents from a variety of rough sources that are handwritten or ‘pieced’ together or from oral instructions
- Ability to support multiple timekeepers in a face paced changing environment
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision while also contributing to a team
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as deadlines require
- Ability to maintain concentration in a shared working environment
- Excellent verbal, written, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and decision-making skills
- Good understanding of basic business relationships and client confidentiality principles
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion and decorum
- Seeks training and advanced education to improve skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Notary Public (may be required)