Day Pitney relies on a strong professional and support staff to provide the foundation that enables our attorneys to succeed. We employ professionals in the following areas:
- Technology/Information Services
- Human Resources & Recruiting
We also employ legal professionals the following areas and positions:
- Litigation Technology
- Legal Administrative Assistant
In the spirit of the firm's Client Service Initiative, we strive to attract individuals with a high customer aptitude, strong desire to succeed, and the ability to be proactive and add value to their day to day work relationships.
Marketing Technology Manager (Parsippany, NJ, Hartford, CT, Stamford, CT or Boston, MA)Job Summary:
The Marketing Technology Manager partners with Marketing, Information Systems (IS), Research Services, Finance and other relevant departments to develop, implement and maintain technology platforms that efficiently and effectively achieve marketing goals. The Marketing Technology Manager keeps abreast of legal marketing and digital marketing trends and serves as the point person for all digital marketing projects. He/she oversees all digital operations and effectively optimizes the policies, procedures, and protocols for marketing technology projects. The Marketing Technology Manager has a natural curiosity to understand how things work, drives for results and efficiencies, and uncovers the hidden opportunities that digital technology brings to the marketing and business development function of the Firm.
The Marketing Technology Manager interacts with partners, senior administrative staff, associates, clients and vendors.Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the standards, strategies and operational protocols for the maintenance of the CRM system and its data.
- Develop and implement a plan to re-launch the upgraded version of Interaction in an efficient and effective manner that demonstrates the value that CRM systems can provide (TBD).
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to understand the Firm’s business development, marketing and communications goals. Develop objectives and implement an action plan to ensure that the firm’s CRM system fully supports those goals (TBD).
- Using the data collected by the CRM system, analyze and provide reports that provide valuable insight into the effectiveness of business development and marketing initiatives (TBD).
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Firm’s e-mail marketing activities including the testing and distribution process of all electronic mailings, reporting, and online event registration.
- Identify opportunities to leverage the e-mail marketing system to further automate internal processes and streamline e-mail operations.
- Ensure that all pertinent members of the Marketing team can fully utilize the e-mail marketing system for the dissemination of marketing materials, invitations and other mailings.
- Assist in the development of the appropriate HTML templates, as needed.
- Ensure that the system’s reporting and feedback functions are fully utilized to inform and improve the Firm’s electronic marketing programs, systems and procedures.
- Update and maintain policy and procedural documents in accordance to current operations; optimizing processes as opportunities and deficiencies arise.
- Oversee the day-to-day content management and operations of daypitney.com including search engine optimization and web analytics.
- Act as a technology leader and project manager in development and implementation of new web platforms including public website and blogs.
- Advise Marketing as well as other relevant areas of the firm on emerging web-based and mobile technologies, their potential use and benefits. Includes competitive research to determine how peer firms may be using these technologies.
- Analyze website statistics and offer meaningful analysis for future changes/improvements.
- Marketing liaison with the Social Networking Committee.
- Explore emerging social networking tools to enhance the Firm’s social networking presence in adherence with the Firm’s Social Networking Policy.
- Track, report, and analyze KPIs for marketing and business development activities.
- Research digital initiatives of other law firms and provide recommendations for the firm.
- Provide input regarding budgeting and staffing for development and implementation of digital initiatives and programs; manage expenditures of same.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 7+ years marketing experience
- Significant experience developing digital-marketing
- Significant experience executing digital-marketing from inception to completion
- Demonstrated ability to measure (metric analysis of web activities), evaluate against strategic objectives and optimize based on performance
- Significant experience researching and identifying online opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in designing and improving business processes, and influencing peers and managers to embrace them
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Familiarity with web technologies, analytics, and CRM tools
- Advanced degree
- Legal industry experience
- Supervisory experience
- InterAction experience
Media Relations Manager (Parsippany, NJ, Hartford, CT or Stamford, CT)Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and serves as the firm’s primary media contact.
- Develops and maintains a directory of lawyers identified as media spokespersons for the firm, its practices and offices.
- Manages the firm’s public relations agency.
- Evaluates and recommends PR-related vendors and products, including software.
- Works with Business Development Managers and the firm’s PR agency to develop and implement regional and practice-focused PR plans.
- Provides media coaching and training to attorneys and firm management.
- Oversees the preparation, approval and distribution of firm press releases as well as directory and survey submissions.
- Assists attorneys with editing and placing bylined articles in key legal, trade and business publications.
- Assist with internal communications as needed.
- BS/BA degree.
- 10 years of professional experience, with 5+ years in public relations.
- Experience in a fast-moving and demanding environment. Professional services experience preferred; law firm experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Proactive, well-organized and pays close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and key media/industry research tools.
Litigation Technology Project Manager (Parsippany, NJ)Position Summary
This position entails the analysis, planning and execution of cost effective and proficient case management for litigation matters, including the handling and organization of original client data and documents and the use of specific applications. The responsibilities encompass the entire life cycle of a case including intake, vendor coordination, document review application administration, production, trial preparation and trial presentation.Job Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Ensure client requirements are defined and met for training, review and production activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide support to the e-Discovery Counsel and other legal team attorneys in defining, tracking and managing matter scope and scope changes
- Understand and adhere to client deadlines and allocated budget for matters
- Identify issues as they arise, options for resolution and course correction for matters that are beginning to diverge from work plans and/or budget
- Proactively manage changes in matter scope and devise contingency plans
- Develop and follow best practices, procedures, tools, templates, checklists and reference materials for matter management and recommend process improvements where appropriate
- Manage internal and service provider hosted matter data
- Process electronic documents for loading to document review applications
- Convert data received to proper format for document loading to review application
- Load documents (case documents, transcripts and exhibits) to review application
- Interpret pricing and contracts for legal team, assess cost implications of process alternatives, manage timelines and deliverables
- Convert and manipulate audio and video files
- Document production (bates numbering, document designation, image conversion)
- Administration of document review platforms (searching, creating review sets, quality control of production sets/coding, bulk coding)
- Ensure that all work is quality-checked and problems are resolved appropriately
- Monitor progress and ensure that project deliverables are accurate and timely
- Track and analyze matter costs against budget and proactively address budget variances
- Recommend and implement sound procedures to close and retire matter databases as needed
- Set and manage expectations of matter legal teams
- Train matter legal teams in litigation applications and tools
- Troubleshoot issues in all supported and administered applications and coordinate with vendor tech support to address issues with hosted applications
- Create user friendly documentation for both admins and users
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements to work product, processes, tools and systems
- Support Rule 26(f) and other meet-and-confer conferences as directed by the e-Discovery Counsel or the legal team
- Deposition and trial preparation and support
- Conduct research and evaluate practice support
- Understand ethical obligations regarding confidentiality, billing, internal and personnel affairs and client information
- Ability to work well in a team environment, both within the IS department, the Legal Project Management team, and case teams
- Bachelors degree or Technical degree
- Law firm or corporate legal department experience preferred
- 2-5 years e-Discovery and litigation support experience
- ACEDS certification preferred
- Experience with Summation, Concordance, Relativity, Trial Director, Case Map, Text Map, Adobe, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Live Note, LAW Pre-Discovery is preferred
- Extensive understanding of the discovery and litigation process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when case need requires
- Ability to travel between offices and to client locations as needed
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
IT Support Services Analyst (Boston, MA or Parsippany, NJ)Position Summary
The IT Support Services Analyst is responsible for supporting all desktop applications and performing system administrator functions for the firm. This position serves as the first point of contact for all client support needs. This person will troubleshoot problems remotely, by telephone, via e-mail, or in person in a timely and accurate manner. Job Responsibilities
- Resolve software-related issues for all firm-deployed applications including, but not limited to, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), FileSite / WorkSite, Innova, Litera Change Pro, Litera Metadact, DTE Time Entry, Adobe, AccuRoute, Best Authority, InterAction, Easy Link Fax, etc.
- Document management support not limited to document and version recovery as well as deletions.
- Various forms of document and multimedia conversion not limited to zip files, unknown extensions, unsupported applications etc.
- Support Citrix environment by troubleshooting end user connectivity issues, resetting sessions, trouble shooting printing problems, temporary tokens, releasing documents, etc.
- Active Directory user account administration – Onboard/Off boarding.
- Assist with testing of new and / or updated technology and reporting findings to appropriate IT team in order to ensure stability prior to firm-wide release.
- Input tickets for all issues and requests received by phone, via email or in-person.
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate IT team.
- Follow up with clients to ensure a satisfactory resolution to reported problems and requests.
- Routinely check voice mails and emails, returning calls and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Communication with clients regarding system outages and resolutions.
- Compile and maintain knowledgebase solutions in help desk tracking software.
- Assist with development and updates of technical and support documentation.
- Conduct information system / application training sessions in both one-on-one and classroom environments, when needed.
- Advise and assist with specialized projects.
- Contact third party vendors as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client workstations / laptops as well as related hardware and software in order to deliver optimum performance.
- Removal of harmful desktop viruses, spyware, ad software etc.
- Printer management not limited to resetting and clearing print jobs and installation.
- Perform installation and configuration for handheld mobile devices (Blackberry and Android) and conduct training, as needed.
- Moves, adds and changes as well as troubleshooting of issues related to Avaya desk phones.
- Move and set-up of all IT equipment for scheduled office and employee moves.
- Maintain updated hardware inventory of PC’s, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Heavy inbound / outbound call center
- Professional development opportunities
- Room for advancement for motivated individuals with proven track record
- 3 to 5 years job-related experience in IT Support Services, excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Previous experience in legal environment required.
- Excellent problem-solving & Troubleshooting skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong dedication to maintaining professional relationships with users and outside vendors.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a proficient level is required.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels individually and as part of a team, and to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate, to make sound decisions and take the initiative to anticipate user needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop computer skills as required to meet user demand.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel periodically to other offices as needed.
- Working knowledge of Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop) a plus
- MOUS Certification preferred
- Some college preferred