Day Pitney relies on a strong professional and support staff to provide the foundation that enables our attorneys to succeed. We employ professionals in the following areas:
- Technology/Information Services
- Human Resources & Recruiting
We also employ legal professionals the following areas and positions:
- Litigation Technology
- Legal Administrative Assistant
In the spirit of the firm's Client Service Initiative, we strive to attract individuals with a high customer aptitude, strong desire to succeed, and the ability to be proactive and add value to their day to day work relationships.
IT Support Services Analyst (Boston, MA or Parsippany, NJ)Position Summary
The IT Support Services Analyst is responsible for supporting all desktop applications and performing system administrator functions for the firm. This position serves as the first point of contact for all client support needs. This person will troubleshoot problems remotely, by telephone, via e-mail, or in person in a timely and accurate manner. Job Responsibilities
- Resolve software-related issues for all firm-deployed applications including, but not limited to, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), FileSite / WorkSite, Innova, Litera Change Pro, Litera Metadact, DTE Time Entry, Adobe, AccuRoute, Best Authority, InterAction, Easy Link Fax, etc.
- Document management support not limited to document and version recovery as well as deletions.
- Various forms of document and multimedia conversion not limited to zip files, unknown extensions, unsupported applications etc.
- Support Citrix environment by troubleshooting end user connectivity issues, resetting sessions, trouble shooting printing problems, temporary tokens, releasing documents, etc.
- Active Directory user account administration – Onboard/Off boarding.
- Assist with testing of new and / or updated technology and reporting findings to appropriate IT team in order to ensure stability prior to firm-wide release.
- Input tickets for all issues and requests received by phone, via email or in-person.
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate IT team.
- Follow up with clients to ensure a satisfactory resolution to reported problems and requests.
- Routinely check voice mails and emails, returning calls and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Communication with clients regarding system outages and resolutions.
- Compile and maintain knowledgebase solutions in help desk tracking software.
- Assist with development and updates of technical and support documentation.
- Conduct information system / application training sessions in both one-on-one and classroom environments, when needed.
- Advise and assist with specialized projects.
- Contact third party vendors as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client workstations / laptops as well as related hardware and software in order to deliver optimum performance.
- Removal of harmful desktop viruses, spyware, ad software etc.
- Printer management not limited to resetting and clearing print jobs and installation.
- Perform installation and configuration for handheld mobile devices (Blackberry and Android) and conduct training, as needed.
- Moves, adds and changes as well as troubleshooting of issues related to Avaya desk phones.
- Move and set-up of all IT equipment for scheduled office and employee moves.
- Maintain updated hardware inventory of PC’s, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Heavy inbound / outbound call center
- Professional development opportunities
- Room for advancement for motivated individuals with proven track record
- 3 to 5 years job-related experience in IT Support Services, excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Previous experience in legal environment required.
- Excellent problem-solving & Troubleshooting skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong dedication to maintaining professional relationships with users and outside vendors.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a proficient level is required.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels individually and as part of a team, and to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate, to make sound decisions and take the initiative to anticipate user needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop computer skills as required to meet user demand.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel periodically to other offices as needed.
- Working knowledge of Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop) a plus
- MOUS Certification preferred
- Some college preferred
Trusts and Estates Administration Paralegal (Stamford, CT, Greenwich, CT or New York, NY)Position Summary
A trusts and estates administration paralegal should be a self-starter, problem-solver and detail-oriented, able to work independently and be responsible for and meet all deadlines, and be willing to work in a team environment. Because much of the work is in the areas of accounting and taxes, this individual must have good mathematical skills, possess good computer skills, and be conscientious and careful. Generally, the position covers all areas of trust and estate administration as well as fiduciary accountings. A significant component of the New York practice involves international matters.Responsibilities
- Gathering, identifying and valuation of assets;
- Preparing various probate and accounting documents;
- Drafting correspondence and paying bills;
- Preparation of death tax returns, including the federal estate tax return and state succession and estate tax returns;
- Preparation of accountings for both estate and trusts (using our computer programs);
- Preparation of federal and state individual and fiduciary income tax returns;
- Preparation of federal and state gift tax returns, and possibly returns of private foundations, partnerships and miscellaneous other returns;
- Ability to review and interpret wills and trust agreements and implement the plan during the estate and trust administration process;
- Although attorneys generally research issues of law, the paralegal must be able to use reference materials such as the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations, CCH Capital Changes Reporter, Moody’s Dividend Record, etc;
- Interact with, and show compassion to, clients who may have suffered the loss of a loved one or are under a great deal of stress, bank and brokerage house representatives, and individuals in the office;
- Communicate with clients, attorneys and bankers outside the U.S. whose first language may not be English.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years prior experience
Manager of Business Development - Litigation (Parsippany, NJ)Position Description
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a full-time experienced business development professional to serve as a Manager of Business Development-Litigation. Will be responsible for developing and executing business development and marketing strategies for the Litigation department. The occupant of this position reports to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer.
The position will be based in Day Pitney’s Parsippany office but the Manager of Business Development-Litigation will also have a number of firm-wide responsibilities and will be expected to travel frequently to other Day Pitney offices.Job Responsibilities
Job Requirements and Experience
- Work closely with the department chair, business unit leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans.
- Responsible for continued evaluation of marketing and business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Sharpen the Litigation Department’s focus on the list of existing clients for potential expansion and targets for new business. Identify, analyze and pursue potential business development opportunities at the firm, practice section and individual lawyer levels, both within the existing client base and with prospective clients.
- Facilitate cross marketing, referral tracking and other business development initiatives.
- Create programs for targeted clients/prospects that represent a business development opportunity for the firm.
- Monitor business development goals and targets as a means of monitoring the success of business development efforts and develop a competitive motivation among lawyers in the program.
- Develop and manage a proactive and organized sales process and pipeline, and track achievement against strategic objectives and business plan.
- Provide sales and business development coaching, and occasional formal training, to selected attorneys, and assist them in meeting agreed upon goals toward becoming more effective client relations.
- Gather intelligence on emerging market and industry trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape and to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business.
- Conduct in-house marketing/business development training programs and one-on-one coaching with attorneys.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field. A secondary degree (e.g., Masters, MBA or JD) is highly desired.
- More than ten years of demonstrated success in business development and marketing, including significant experience with professional services firms.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience; excellent team building and management exposure in a growing and changing environment.
- Proven ability to build consensus and support with attorneys for business development and marketing.
- Familiarity and comfort with legal and professional services, including development, trends, analysis, technology and literature; strong familiarity with basic legal concepts.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly successful relationship builder, able to create and maintain effective partnerships within the firm and with third parties.